Don't throw away those beet greens! They are totally edible and go great in this beet greens salad with cherries and pecans. This salad layers notes of sweetness with a honey based dressing and cherries.
Although beet greens are a tougher leaf similar to spinach or kale, they are still relatively tender. After removing the stem they are just as good raw in a salad as they are wilted in a pan.
Beet greens don't have especially bitter taste, but they compliment well with sweet flavors. That's why this recipe uses my basil balsamic vinaigrette with honey and delicious, fruity cherries. The pecans and parmesan add a nice crunchy texture with a salty kick.
- Beet Greens
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
To make the pecans extra crunchy and delicious, toast them in a warm oven for 5-10 minutes beforehand. Around 300° will work perfect.
Still looking for more great salads to make? Check these out:
- Spinach Arugula Salad with Creamy Dressing
- Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- tahini kale salad with honey roasted pecans
Beet Greens Salad with Cherries and Pecans
- ½ cup basil balsamic vinaigrette
- 8 oz beet greens, (about 5 cups, from one bunch of beets)
- ½ cup cherries, (pitted and cut in half)
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup shaved parmesan cheese, (for topping)
- Tear the beet greens into bite size pieces and add them to a large bowl along with the cherries and pecans. Drizzle the basil balsamic vinaigrette over the top and toss well.
- Serve on a platter or individual plates topped with shaved parmesan cheese.
Did you make this beet greens salad? Rate the recipe above!
Follow Redwood Kitchen on social media!
If you like this recipe be sure to comment or subscribe for more below!
- Cook meat to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove