One of my favorite ways to add a quick vegetable side to dinner is by making an easy mediterranean cucumber salad. I usually stick to a basic vinaigrette, here I am using my simple and quick sumac dressing. This salad is perfectly tart, savory, sweet, and herby!Â I love a good crunchy and bright salad to accompany any dinner.Â
This recipe is highly adaptable to what you have around house too. I usually stick to cucumber, tomatoes, onions, and fresh herbs. Feel free to expand though! Peppers, radish, fennel, celery, feta cheese, olives, all would go great in this salad.Â
This salad dressing is very simple, using garlic, thyme, sumac, and lemon. Again, this too can be scaled up or down depending on how much effort you want to put in. See my guide on creating great vinaigrettes here.Â
some other great salads to try
- cucumber beetroot salad with herbed yogurt
- avocado cashew salad with chimichurri dressing
- Simple Arugula and Herb Salad
Mediterranean Cucumber Salad
- 1 clove of garlic (minced)
- 2 teaspoon fresh thyme (leaves plucked and minced)
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh pepper
- 2 tablespoon sumac
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 persian cucumbers, (or 1 large cucumber, diced)
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, (diced large)
- 2 green onions, (sliced thinly)
- ½ cup fresh mint, (torn roughly)
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a jar and shake until the dressing is well combined and emulsified. This will make more than you need, reserve some for your next salad.
- Add the cucumbers, tomatoes, green onions, and mint to large bowl and add ½ cup of dressing. Toss well and add more dressing if needed.
Did you make this Mediterranean cucumber salad? Rate the recipe above!
Follow Redwood Kitchen on social media!
If you like this recipe be sure to comment below or subscribe for more great recipes!