Prep Time: 10 mins
The herby, vinegary punch of the chimichurri style dressing brings brightness to this simple avocado cashew salad.
Although the recipe calls for parsley and cilantro, I usually toss whatever fresh herbs I have around into this dressing, such as mint, oregano, and basil. The flavoring will obviously change slightly but pretty much any combination will work.
The creamy combination of cashews and avocado make this salad feel luxurious and filling. It can serve as a light lunch just as easily as with some blackened fish or roasted chicken for dinner.
Avocado Cashew Salad
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, (finely chopped)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic, (minced)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz mixed salad greens, (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup crushed cashews
- 1 large avocado, (sliced thinly)
- sesame seed, nigella seed, and sea salt, (for topping)
- In a large salad bowl combine all of the dressing ingredients together and whisk until well combined and slightly emulsified.
- Add the salad greens to the bowl and toss well. Plate the salad into individual serving dishes and top with the avocado slices, cashews, sesame and nigella seed, and a sprinkle of sea salt.
Leave a Reply